Community OutReach Scholars Program
In addition to financial aid options, the Pulaski Academy Community OutReach Scholars Program offers tuition assistance for new students entering grades 6th-12th to attend Pulaski Academy.
The goal of the COR Scholars Program is to attract outstanding students to Pulaski Academy; students who are extraordinary leaders and scholars with outstanding character. Individual merit in these three areas and a demonstrated financial need are the criteria for selection.
Conditions for Eligibility
If selected as a recipient of the Pulaski Academy Community OutReach Scholars Program, the deadline for accepting the offer is June 15th.
Once enrolled in the school, a PA COR Scholar will be expected to be a superior citizen of the student body, both in conduct and achievement, always demonstrating outstanding character. A scholar should contribute to the school community in a positive and constructive fashion and should show promise in the future as a member of our alumni community.
Additionally, a COR Scholar will:
- Be a U.S Citizen
- Entering New 6th -12th grade student
- Currently enrolled in a recognized public, private, charter or home-school program
- Top 10 % of their class
- 90% of Math, Reading, or Composite on a nationally normed standardized test (Stanford 10, ERB, IOWA, ACT Aspire, etc.) or Advanced on state level benchmark tests. 90% on the ACT or PSAT for rising 9th-12th grade students.
- Minimum 3.0 - 3.5 GPA (A’s and B’s in core area courses for the prior 2 years)
- Leadership and community service experience
- Possess high intellectual capacity; a high academic standing; be highly motivated to succeed and have a good work ethic; have strong communication skills
- Exhibit strong leadership potential; is willing to engage in school activities and immerse in the campus community; models exemplary character by demonstrating the courage to “do the right thing”; honors commitments; is responsible for decisions; is considerate of others; is reliable and dependable; is honest, sincere, and trustworthy; is an inspiration to others.
- Model daily PA’s Core Values; Responsibility, Respect, Integrity and Excellence.
- Demonstrate a financial need equal to or greater than 30% of the PA tuition
Important Dates and Deadlines
- April 15
DEADLINE EXTENDED - PLEASE SUBMIT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO BE CONSIDERED.
We want to thank you for your interest in the Pulaski Academy Community OutReach Scholars Program. Please complete the form linked below to begin the pre-application process for the COR Scholars Program. Additional application requirements are listed to the right of this form.
Steps to Apply
- Complete Pre-Application form
- Complete the PA Application for Admission and submit $50 application fee
- Complete Application for Financial Aid
- Please email the documents below to email@example.com with "COR Scholars Program" and your students name in the subject line.
- 2.5 years of grades (reports cards) and 2 years of standardized test scores
- Letter of Recommendation (from Non-family member)
- Submit 2 Essays:
- Leadership Essay: a situation or event that demonstrates effective leadership or changes in your concept of leadership.
- Goals Essay: essay indicating goals and ambitions in life.
- Provide List of:
- Extracurricular activities
- Awards and honors
- Civic or community service experience