Arkansas LEARNS Act
Pulaski Academy has been approved by the Arkansas Department of Education (EDA) to receive funds from the LEARNS Act/ Education Freedom Account (EFA) program. This new program provides a pathway in which public funds will be directed for eligible students to private/independent school tuition beginning with the 2023-2024 school year.
What does this mean for your student?
The LEARNS Act/EFA enables families with eligible students to cover private school educational expenses with public funds. The LEARNS Act/EFA provides each eligible student with funding for independent/ private school tuition (and other specific educational costs) up to approximately $6,600 for the 2023-2024 school year.
How do you know if your student is eligible?
For the 2023-2024 school year, eligible students have at least one parent who is a resident of Arkansas, and meet one of the following criteria:
- First time kindergartener
- Children of active-duty military personnel
- Students who in the previous year were enrolled in an “F” rated school or “Level-5” district
- Students who in the previous year were enrolled in the Succeed Scholarship Program
- Students experiencing homelessness, current or former foster care students, or students with disabilities
Complete an Application
To determine student eligibility to receive EFA funds, please complete an application with the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). If the ADE approves your application, you will be eligible to direct up to approximately $6,600 to your tuition and limited expenses.
The ADE is still reviewing applications for the 2023-2024 school year, pending funding availability and scholarship capacity.
The Pulaski Academy Board of Trustees is committed to the premise that accepting LEARNS Act/EFA funds WILL NOT:
- Impact or influence PA’s mission, independence, operations, curriculum, class size or school enrollment, or assessments/standardized tests, including our internal procedure for determining academic accommodations; or,
- Change our admissions criteria for acceptance to the school.
Moreover, the PA Board of Trustees and administration will review participation in this program annually.
If you would like to learn more about the Education Freedom Accounts (EFA) and complete the application, you may visit the state website below.
Interested in Learning More About PA?
We'd love to send you our Admissions Viewbook The Path to Excellence!
Download our Admissions Viewbook, The Path to Excellence