|Welcome to PA and our web site! As you peruse the site, I invite you to consider that….
- At PA, we explore our mission’s focus on academic excellence and intellectual growth through pursuit of innovative teaching that prepares our students with the 21st century skills they will need to be successful in our rapidly changing world.
- Our mission’s emphasis on our students’ ethical, physical, artistic, and social growth is fulfilled through our commitment to a thorough liberal arts education and broad extracurricular opportunities in the arts and athletics.
- PA’s outstanding faculty, coaches, and administrators know our students’ individual interests, talents, and challenges and are committed to helping them know, respect, and improve themselves.
- As students develop interest in certain areas, we leverage this passion to expand their sensibilities and skills. Since our students learn in different ways, our teachers employ a variety of approaches and pay close attention, both to the dynamics of the class as a whole and to how individual students seem to learn best. Of course, the ultimate goal is for students to appreciate the value of learning for its own sake, and not just for its utility or direct application.
- At PA, we communicate proactively with our students and their parents so that progress can be encouraged and sustained, setbacks can be minimized, and minor issues can be quickly settled before they become bigger problems.
- As committed as we are to offering innovative, progressive, 21st century learning experiences for your children, the PA community remains equally rooted in our motto—Honor Above All—and in the timeless core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, and excellence.
I strongly encourage a personal visit to PA. A web site, no matter how thorough, cannot adequately convey the warmth, care, and concern that students and their families experience at PA. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Matthew J. Walsh
President and Head of School
Matthew J. Walsh, President and Head of School
|Sucessful Start in Annual Fund 8 Day Challenge!|
I want to thank all of you who participated in Annual Fund's 8 day challenge! At 66% parent particicpation achieved already, I think it is possible for PA to accomplish 100% parent participation this year.
|Presentations this week|
Please don't forget to make plans to attend one of the presentations which are offered this Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 am and 5:30 pm in Murphy Theater in Meyer Pavillion.
As we kick off our Annual Fund drive this year, please support our faculty and students by making a pledge to the PA Annual Fund. PA is preparing to approach various Foundations for their support.
The 2013-2014 school year has gotten off to a great start. One of my goals for this year is to visit all of our teachers' classrooms, and I have been so impressed with the engagement of the students and the quality of learning I have seen in the classes I have been fortunate enough to visit thus far.