Pulaski Academy Mission Statement
Pulaski Academy is an independent, college preparatory school for pre-school students through twelfth grade. The School is committed to academic excellence and individual growth balanced with opportunities for each student to develop ethically, physically, artistically, and socially in a vibrant educational environment.
Welcome to PA and our web site! As you peruse the site, I invite you to consider that….
- At PA, we explore our mission’s focus on academic excellence and intellectual growth through pursuit of innovative teaching that prepares our students with the 21st century skills they will need to be successful in our rapidly changing world.
- Our mission’s emphasis on our students’ ethical, physical, artistic, and social growth is fulfilled through our commitment to a thorough liberal arts education and broad extracurricular opportunities in the arts and athletics.
- PA’s outstanding faculty, coaches, and administrators know our students’ individual interests, talents, and challenges and are committed to helping them know, respect, and improve themselves.
- As students develop interest in certain areas, we leverage this passion to expand their sensibilities and skills. Since our students learn in different ways, our teachers employ a variety of approaches and pay close attention, both to the dynamics of the class as a whole and to how individual students seem to learn best. Of course, the ultimate goal is for students to appreciate the value of learning for its own sake, and not just for its utility or direct application.
- At PA, we communicate proactively with our students and their parents so that progress can be encouraged and sustained, setbacks can be minimized, and minor issues can be quickly settled before they become bigger problems.
- As committed as we are to offering innovative, progressive, 21st century learning experiences for your children, the PA community remains equally rooted in our motto—Honor Above All—and in the timeless core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, and excellence.
I strongly encourage a personal visit to PA. A web site, no matter how thorough, cannot adequately convey the warmth, care, and concern that students and their families experience at PA. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Matthew J. Walsh
President and Head of School